Hurricane Season is upon us
Hurricane season is upon us. As a longtime business owners and residents of South Florida, we wish to provide these resources in order to assist you and your family in preparing for this hurricane season.
What to do now
· Create an emergency plan - Document a plan with your family for what to do when disaster strikes. Know your evacuation routes. Plan for where you will go in the event of an emergency. Discuss how you will find one another if you become separated.
· Flood Insurance- Did you know that if you do not have flood insurance, there is a thirty day wait for your policy to go into effect? Call your insurance agent today.
· Insurance Coverage- Now is a good time to review your policies and verify your coverage. Contact your insurance company today.
What to do when a storm is approaching and watches or warnings are issued
· Listen to local news and radio stations for information about the storm. Take steps to protect your family and property. If an evacuation is ordered, put your plan into action. Review the FEMA Evacuation Guidelines.
What to do if you experience a loss
· If you experience damage to your property because of a storm, your SERVPRO of East Coral Springs team is here to help. Contact our office at 954-725-6400.
· Take as many photos as you can, this helps to document your damages for your insurance company.
Please visit the National Hurricane Center website for more comprehensive information about storm preparedness and recovery.